To commemorate the International Day of the Girl Child 2022 with the theme ‘Our Time is Now, Our Future, Our Right’, Youthcare Development and Empowerment Initiative team members visited 4 schools through that week to sensitize girls and few boys on the following topics as it relates to the theme.
- Girls Reproductive Health Rights
- Girls Right as it on Equality
- Girls Participation in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
- Embracing Leadership
- Reporting Gender-Based Violence
The schools visited include;
- Mount Olivet Grammar School, Ashi-Bodija
- Isabatudeen Girls Grammar School 1 & 2, General Gas
- Basorun Ojoo High School, Ashi-Bodija
- Basorun High School, Basorun
Youthcare partnered with The Shunamite Foundation for Women and Children and we were able to reach a total of 2817 students through that week.